Personalized Fitness Assessment
MicroFit fitness assessment products have set the industry standard for quality, reliability, and ease of use since 1986. Organizations around the world rely on MicroFit technology to assess their client’s fitness and wellness status, identify health improvement programs, and track progress.
Take the first step on the road to fitness. Your MicroFit interactive fitness assessment includes seven steps and takes about 30-45 minutes to complete. As you go through the assessment, our certified personal trainer or wellness coach will explain the significance of each step as it relates to your health. Once your assessment is complete, we will provide you with a complete printout of your individualized results and offer specific recommendations to help you improve your overall health and well-being.
MicroFit Assessment can be used:
• To assess current fitness levels relative to age and sex
• To aid in the development of an individual exercise program
• To establish goals and provide motivation
• To evaluate progress through retesting
How To Get Started
✔ Stop by or call the Welcome Center to set up an appointment when it is most convenient for you.
✔ Program cost is $55 for facility members and $65 for program members.
✔ Fill out a health history questionnaire prior to the test to ensure adequate time to obtain a doctor’s approval, if required.
✔ Wear comfortable workout attire.
✔ Drink plenty of fluids during the 24-hour period preceding the test.
✔ Abstain from food, tobacco, alcohol and caffeine for 2-3 hours before the test.
✔ Avoid exercise the day of the test.
✔ Get an adequate amount of sleep (6-8 hours) the night before the test.
Before Your Assessment
- Before your assessment, you will be asked to fill out a short Health History Questionnaire to determine your current health status and readiness for exercise. You may need your doctor’s approval before testing.
- Blood Pressure is taken with a highly accurate, automated blood pressure cuff.
- Body Height and Weight are standard tracking measures, but body composition (step 4) will reveal whether your weight is within a healthy range.
- Body Composition is the makeup of the body in terms of the relative percentage of lean body mass and body fat. Measured with skinfold calipers, results will help you determine an accurate ideal body weight and develop a sound exercise program to help you reach your goal.
- Aerobic Fitness is determined by a short (usually less than 12 minute) ride on a bicycle ergometer. The reading from the cardiorespiratory testing equipment and the heart rate monitor you will be wearing are analyzed using a computer-based graded protocol test. It estimates your sub maximum V02, which is a measure of your aerobic fitness.
- Flexibility is measured by a sit-and-reach test. Flexibility is important for injury prevention and a better quality of life.
- Biceps Strength is determined isometrically, while stabilizing your back and shoulder muscles. Strength is determined when you exert maximal force against a static bar.